Pages

Lick Observatory at Mount Hamilton




























With such a short distance from San Jose, this is the place where you can let go all the summer heat & get above the clouds. Trust me with not more than 30 miles from San Jose this can be one nice evening hangout. And if you like driving on nice hilly roads, you would feel completely satisfied with the drive. ;)

Again I forgot to pick up my camera, but look at the 3 different images of this location which I googled out.

Location:
SanJose, Summit of, Mount Hamilton, CA 95140
(408) 274-5061
Web: http://mthamilton.ucolick.org/

Hours:
Mon - Fri: 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm


I visited this place for the second time but this time it was different. I was all planned for a nice evening, but cops ruined it as I was unaware that this place cannot be visited after 5PM so all my sunset plans were in a hole. But still anytime any day this place is simply beautiful. This place keeps remaining me of a famous hill-station in India "Ooty".


Directions from San Jose Down-Town:
1. Take 280S after about 2 miles trake Alum Rock Exit & turn Right.
2. After about 1.7 miles take CA130(Mount Hamilton Road), drive for about 22 miles to destination on right.
(This will take about 40 minutes as this is 30MPH speed limit, but such a nice drive)


For more information look at this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lick_Observatory

No comments:

Post a Comment